Venue: du Cros Room, Manor House, Howbery Park
Contact: Ron Schrieber Democratic Services Officer
Declarations of disclosable pecuniary interest
Minutes of the meeting of 8 July 2014 (attached)
RESOLVED: to approve the minutes of the meeting of 8 July 2014 as a correct record and agree that the vice-chairman in the chair sign these as such.
Report of the Head of Corporate Strategy attached.
The committee considered the report of the Head of Corporate Strategy on the proposed Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP) and the responses to the public consultation. Appendix 2 to the report detailed the amendments made to the AQAP in the light of consultation responses.
In response to members’ questions, the committee was informed that:
· there were currently no air quality issues in Didcot but the situation was monitored regularly.
· weather conditions would affect air quality. Information on this could be found on the air quality website for all Oxfordshire authorities.
· minor design changes could significantly reduce a proposed development’s impact on air quality.
· if necessary, conditions could be included in a planning permission to reduce a new development’s impact on air quality.
· if the AQAP was approved, then the council would be able to apply for funding for proposed actions in the plan.
1. That the Air Quality Action Plan be approved.
2. That the head of corporate strategy be authorised to make any minor amendments to the plan in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Health and the Chairman of the General Licensing Committee.