Outline planning application for up to 150 dwellings together with associated access, public open space, landscaping and amenity areas.
Sue Cooper, one of the local ward councillors, and Elaine Hornsby, stepped down from the committee and took no part in the debate or voting for this item.
The committee considered application P18/S0827/O for up to 150 dwellings together with associated access, public open space, landscaping and amenity areas on land to the east of Benson Lane, Crowmarsh Gifford.
Consultations, representations, policy and guidance and the site’s planning history were detailed in the officer’s report which formed part of the agenda pack for this meeting.
Officer update: The planning officer advised the committee that paragraph 6.12 of the report should refer to paragraph 11 of the NPPF rather than paragraph 14.
Nigel Hannigan, a representative of Crowmarsh Parish Council, reiterated its objections to the previous application for this site and asked why a duplicate application had been submitted.
Douglas Bond, the applicant’s agent, spoke in support of the application.
Sue Cooper, one of the local ward councillors, asked for contributions to a number of community facilities and highway improvements to be included in the S106 agreement.
A motion, moved and seconded, to approve the application was declared carried on being put to the vote.
RESOLVED: to authorise the head of planning to grant planning permission for application P18/S0827/O subject to:
A. The completion of a S106 agreement securing:
1. 40% of total housing to be affordable housing (75% of which to be affordable rented) and minimum size dwellings (as identified in S106 agreement 18S13 pertaining to P16/S3608/O).
2. Transport contributions for an improved bus service and bus stop serving the site (identified in Oxfordshire County Council response).
3. Off-site highway works (S278 agreement) (identified in Oxfordshire County Council response).
4. On site public open space and play and provisions for maintenance.
5. Contributions for on-site recycling/waste bins and street naming and S106 monitoring (fees applicable at time of implementation).
B. Conditions to cover the following matters:
1. Reserved matters - appearance, landscaping, layout, and scale.
2. Submission of reserved matters - one year from date of permission.
3. Permission to commence within one year from approval of last reserved matters.
4. Development to accord with approved plans.
5. Development is to be no more 150 dwellings.
6. Housing mix.
7. Details to be submitted with reserved matters to include:
i. details of, internal estate roads, access and footpaths;
ii. samples of all materials to be used in the external construction and
finishes of the development;
iii. details of vehicle and cycle parking facilities for all dwellings;
iv. details of all
street lighting and street furniture;
v. details of recycling / waste storage facilities;
vi. location of fire hydrants.
8. Details of design access from Benson Lane.
9. No surface water to be discharged to the adjoining carriageway surface.
10. No dwelling to be occupied until pedestrian, cycle and highway access to dwelling.
11. Residential travel plan prior to occupation.
12. Detailed scheme for protection from noise for new dwellings.
13. Any gas fired boilers to meet a minimum standard of <40mgNOx/kWh.
14. Landscape management and maintenance plan.
15. Biodiversity enhancement strategy and management plan.
16. Details of trees to be retained and protected.
17. Sustainable drainage details, based on the Brookbanks Flood Risk Assessment Rev 3 of 24 Oct 2016.
18. Times of construction: 07:30 to 18:00 Mondays to Fridays and 08:00 to 13:00 on Saturdays. No works on Sundays or Public Holidays.
19. Construction method statement.
20. Archaeological written scheme of investigation.
21. All dwellings to have charging points for electric vehicles.
22. Details of the utilities to be provided on the site to facilitate superfast broadband connectivity.
23. All ground floor affordable homes and 10% of market dwellings to meet standards for adaptable and accessible housing set out in Part M (4) category 2: of the Building Regulations.