Purpose of the Climate Emergency Advisory Committee
1. The committee is an advisory committee with no delegated decision making.
2. To advise Cabinet on matters relating to the climate emergency and ecological crisis including, but not limited to:
· providing community leadership on the climate emergency and sustainability, facilitating and engaging public sector partners, businesses, community groups and the public.
· advising on how the council can contribute to the delivery of
- national legally-binding targets on the climate emergency
- countywide targets on the climate emergency through the Oxfordshire Environment Partnership (OEP)
- the council’s own targets on the climate emergency
- the Oxfordshire Energy Strategy Delivery Plan
· reviewing and making recommendations on ways in which the council can reduce damage to the global and local environment through its policies and practices.
· reviewing the internal operations of the council with a view to promoting sustainability, adopting best practice and strengthening the council’s environmental performance.
· making recommendations on bids for external funding relating to the climate emergency.
Support officer: Paul Bateman, Democratic Services Officer.
Phone: 01235 422523