The proposal will bring many benefits to the town including:
• a new Tesco offering choice, competition and value for money shopping
• encouraging local people to shop in Thame, rather than nearby towns
• 200 new jobs creating much-needed employment opportunities in the area
• Maintaining business use and valuable employment on the site
• Better pedestrian, cycle and bus links with other parts of Thame
With half of all food shopping done outside of the town it is
abundantly clear that Thame needs a new supermarket. Previous
attempts by Tesco and Sainsbury’s have failed, so we call on
the council to recognise the need and support this application by
granting planning permission.
This ePetition ran from 10/06/2015 to 31/08/2015 and has now finished.
159 people signed this ePetition.