To consider the head of housing and environment’s report.
Cabinet considered that it had to increase car parking charges; this would be the first time in twelve years. Scrutiny Committee had supported this and the options proposed in the consultation.
Cabinet reviewed the consultation responses and concluded that:
· charges should be aligned across all car park, with the exception of the Goldsmiths Lane car park in Wallingford where there was a local agreement
· there should be a charge for using car parks on Sundays, from 10am, again with the exception of Goldsmiths Lane car park
· there should be a limited waiting period in Chinnor High Street car park
· there should be enforcement for parking in spaces for charging electric vehicles
Cabinet believed that the changes to the charging structure were modest and the fees and charges could be reviewed again after one year.
(a) note the comments received on the proposed South Oxfordshire District Council car parking order 2021 and agree to make the following changes:
· Align all charging car parks in the centre of market towns of Didcot, Henley, Wallingford and Thame, as well as Goring, to all have up to one hour of free parking between the charging hours, and to amend charging hours to 9am to 5pm Monday to Saturday in all car parks where a charge is made (including introducing free parking for up to one hour in Kings Road and Greys Road car parks, Henley), with the exception of Goldsmiths Lane car park in Wallingford which has up to two hours no charge, and to carry out annual usage surveys;
· Change the current Mondays to Saturdays permitted parking period to charge on Sundays from 10am to 5pm in all car parks, including one hour free, with the exception of Goldsmiths Lane car park in Wallingford;
· Introduce half priced parking permits for electric vehicles only, in line with those vehicles eligible for a discount from the London Congestion Charge (with the exception of Goldsmiths Lane car park in Wallingford);
· Introduce limited waiting in High Street car park, Chinnor;
· Introduce enforcement at charging points for electric vehicles;
(b) authorise the head of legal and democratic to make the new order and to determine the date it comes into effect.