Use the below search options at the bottom of the page to find information regarding recent decisions that have been taken by the council’s decision making bodies.
Alternatively you can visit the officer decisions page for information on officer delegated decisions that have been taken by council officers.
Purpose: approval to tender for landscape evidence
Decision Maker: Cabinet member for planning
Decision published: 05/12/2022
Effective from: 13/12/2022
To appoint Land Use Consultants (LUC) to produce a suite of landscape evidence to support the preparation of the Joint South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse Local Plan 2041, consisting of:
• Dark Skies/Light Impact Assessment (new)
• Tranquillity Assessment (new)
• Landscape Character Assessment (review and update)
• Valued Landscapes Assessment (new)
• Landscape Sensitivity Assessment: Renewable energy development (new)
• Landscape Capacity Assessment: Edge of towns, service centres and larger villages (review and update)
• Green Belt Review (review and update/new) *
*The Green Belt Review has two elements:
i) An update of the 2015 Oxford Green Belt Study to take account of the Green Belt parcels removed in South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse since that study was completed. This review should also draw upon information identified in the Landscape Character Assessment and other council studies to summarise what beneficial uses the Green Belt could be put to.
ii) Consider whether exceptional circumstances exist to add areas of land to the Green Belt.
Lead officer: Lucy Murfett